Mine seem to include:
• Road trips
• As previously mentioned, and related to the above, antiheroic types having sex on the run
• Unusual speech patterns (at least one character in every fic—two in the current one—and in a lot of my original stuff too)
• Radical politics somehow showing up—this is very surprising, I know—in fandoms where they might not otherwise
• This is one I just realized: Characters who are attracted to each other, even in love, but what actually makes them finally hook up involves some kind of ulterior motive, well-intentioned or otherwise. It's going to happen twice in the thing I'm currently writing (in one case, it's canonical). I hope this doesn't say something disturbing about me.
• Characters who are, for whatever reason, difficult to love, and not changing for the sake of someone else.
What do you all find yourself writing about all the freaking time?